The decision to take this course will prove to be a vital step in your personal and ministerial development. The problem is that as many people that learn the Old Testament, they start to live under it. They tend to interpret the New Covenant according to the Old Testament, but really a person needs to do the opposite and interpret the old by the new.
This class is a thorough overview of the history of Israel from the time of the Judges until Esther. This study reveals crucial insights into God’s ability to develop and work with leaders. This course will analyze the struggles of Israel and emphasize the continual mercy founded in God’s promises. Special attention is given to the character traits of the people of the Old Testament and how God was able to use them despite their weaknesses.
We are not interested in the mere sharing of information. We want to empower you to live in the Grace of God. May your journey be pleasant and rewarding. When you finish this course you will want to look at other courses that will help you fulfill your call!
1. To help you create a working knowledge of the Old Testament.
2. Help you establish Biblical, doctrinal concepts of the Old Testament.
3. Learn from the Old Testament examples
- You will need to know the books of the Old Testament in order
- Select an Old Testament character with whom you most closely identify and write a paper about those similarities and what you can learn from them. [Most of us learn like fools – one who only learns by consequences. “I’m not going to drive a car until I can invent it myself.” Fools do not learn from the examples of other people, and they do not learn from being taught.] Pick someone whose BEHAVIOR PATTERN you can identify with. The paper needs to be long enough to be meaningful.
Old Testament Survey Study Guide 2
Old Testament Survey Study Guide 3
Old Testament Survey Study Guide 4
Old Testament survey Study Guide 5
Old Testament survey Study Guide 6