Procrastination is probably the greatest enemy facing any person with a dream. In year-end surveys, our students without exception, all say their biggest problem is time-management and failing to set and maintain priorities.
As a matter of fact, much stress is the result of poor time-management. When we set goals that we do not fulfill, we feel the sense of failure. This is called stress. You could say that stress exists in the gap between our potential and our actual accomplishments. Some people simply stop setting any goals. You can’t do that. Taking this course says you intend to do something beyond average with your life.
This course is an investment in your dreams. It needs to be a priority, not an after thought. Read the study tips post to help you get off to a good start.
The Bible says, “Where there is no vision, the people cast off restraints!” The word vision literally means a clear mental picture. Before you ever start anything, you need a clear mental picture to motivate you. If you lose this picture, you will “cast off restraint,” lose motivation and priorities.
Before starting any course write down and answer the following:
1. What is the name of the course you are now taking? ___________________________
2.What is the main benefit you expect to receive from this course?
3. How do you expect this course to benefit your personal life?
4. How many hours of study per week are you committing to this course? ____________
5. How many weeks do you plan to take? _____
6. Is this a priority or a convenience? __________________________________________
7. Are you really willing to do what it takes to fulfill this goal? _____________________
8. Spend just a few minutes pondering the benefits you expect to derive from this course. Then commit your way to the Lord. He will give you the grace to fulfill every dream that you make a priority and commit to Him.
A large part of the benefit of any course of study is the discipline, diligence and integrity that is developed through setting goals, making commitments and fulfilling those objectives. Do everything possible to make every aspect of this a learning experience. If you start to waver, look this sheet over and renew the vision.